cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Lewis <>
Subject Re: [RT] Cocoon in cacheland
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2000 14:08:04 GMT
I'm basically a lurker now, but have used Cocoon 1.3 through 1.8 and
anxiously await Cocoon 2. For what it is worth, Caching is a MUST. In
fact, I was rather fond of the discussion that originated from Stefano
that prposed a chache a virtully every step of the pipeline. This allows
ony the changed elements of a complex output to be rebuilt.

Peter Verhage wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>> Don't be sarcastic : cacheing is a *must have* if Cocoon wants to be
>> able to compare in terms of speed with other technologies (JSP, PHP and
>> others). The lack of response on this subject is probably caused by the
>> current stage of C2 : features are still being defined. As optimization
>> is not directly visible to the Cocoon user, it's not the main concern
>> today... but it will be as soon as C2 will be used in production
>> environments.
> I agree. Cache is a must-have, because without caching Cocoon ain't that
> fast...
> Peter

View raw message