cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Raphael Luta <luta.raph...@networks.vivendi.net>
Subject Re: Apache Prowler? ASF member support needed!
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2000 09:57:15 GMT
Steffen Stundzig wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Nov 2000 01:49:03 -0800 (PST)
> Giacomo Pati <pati_giacomo@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Yes, I'm discussing it with Infozone people right now and will
> > afterwards speek up at the PMC and member list about it.
> >
> > My personal vision about a (nearly) complete XML infrastructure is as
> > follows:
> >
> > Xerces:    The workhorse to bring XML into the game
> > Xalan:     The workhorse for transformation of XML instances
> > Ozone/XML: A store for XML content
> > Prowler:   To manage the XML content (access layer)
> > SchemoX:   A front-end framework to manupulate XML content
> >            This can be C2 components as well as a Swing GUI IIRC
> > JetSpeed:  A front-end framework/components for content aggregation
> >            (Portal)
> > Turbine:   Specifically the services accessable as general C2
> >            components
> > Cocoon2:   The base framework to bring all those pieces together
> >
> > All the above together with Tomcat and Apache HTTPD will complete the
> > picture for me.
> >
> > What are you oppinions?
>
> +1. I totally agree with it. It's very similar to my own vision. :-)=)
>
> I'll do my best to bring SchemoX into an usable state ASAP,
> especially the C2 integration.

I agree except that I'd say :

Avalon: base framework to bring all those pieces together

Cocoon2: publishing engine for managing for the complete web site

Turbine: collection of Avalon components for building web applications
        ( User/ACL management, DBPools, etc... )

--
Raphaƫl Luta - luta.raphael@networks.vivendi.net