cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Lassi Immonen <limmo...@malla.urova.fi>
Subject Re: [C2]Advise on pooling
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2000 13:34:29 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> --- Lassi Immonen <limmonen@malla.urova.fi> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to implement pooling in Transformer which translates
> > xml-files from translations file.
> > Now it loads translations to Map every time request is made but I
> > would
> > like to keep available pool of Maps containing translations for a
> > given
> > url/language.
>
> I don't know exactly what you mean. If you want to save already
> processed stuff into a store for later reusage then use the store
> component (see XalanTransformer.java).

Well, now my transformer has field "Map dictionary". And I want to add
"Hashtable dictionaries" which is in form (incoming url+lang,
dictionary) and put loaded dictionaries in there and check if one is
available before parsing translations file.

Do I have to make my transformer poolable or put dictionaries Hashtable
outside transformer to get the available dictionaries every time my
transformer is called? Is transformer created every time/request or does
it stay in memory?

	Lassi