cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>
Subject Re: [C2][Xalan2J] SAXTransformerFactory's newXMLFilter
Date Sun, 12 Nov 2000 22:16:35 GMT
Dims --

What happened to my previous idea?

private SAXTransformerFactory transformerFactory;

public XMLFilter getXMLFilter() throws TransformerConfigurationException
{
  XMLFilter retFilter = new XMLFilterImpl();
  TransformerHandler th =
transformerFactory.newTransformerHandler(templates);
  retFilter.setContentHandler(th);
  return retFilter;
}

I thought you had said that you decided you didn't need th XMLFiler
since you were switching to just using a TransformerHandler.  Have you
decided that you do need the XMLFilter after all?

Gary

Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Scott,
>
> SAXTransformerFactory needs a new method named newXMLFilter which takes in a Templates
object as a
> parameter. I know that there are other ways of getting an XMLFilter which contains a
Transformer,