cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [C2] XObject status
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2000 14:21:01 GMT
I had exactly the same problem just now for the same reason !

If I remember, XObject has been mentioned several times on this list as
the compatibility bridge between C1 and C2 that should be used in
logicsheet-backing classes. And we used it in our taglibs to ease the
transition...

But I wonder if it can be ported easily in C2 because of the way
<xsp:expr> is translated into Java code. In C1, it called
XSPPage.xspExpr(Object, Document) which was checking it's parameter
class to decide what to do with it (calling toDOM on an XObject). But in
C2, <xsp:expr> is translated in String.valueOf({content}), which is way
quicker but less flexible.

So the question is more generally : What is the strategy to allow a
smooth C1/C2 transition ?

-Sylvain