cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Emil Assarsson <emil.assars...@bolina.hsb.se>
Subject Structure -- functions or pages?
Date Sun, 05 Nov 2000 22:51:50 GMT
Hello!

If you want to have different structure och the served pages, but the
same stucture on the functions on your webapplication. Is there any
possibility to do so?

To clear the question a bit:
A HTML page contains a lot more separate functionality than a WML page,
like a compleet menu and related info. To make it even more complex...
if you have a multipage list, this list will contain not only a list but
a list of links to the following pages. Mix this with the style. I would
like to see the application like a set of functions linked together. The
functions should work independent. Even if they are presented on muliple
pages (like a sequense). And a document will still be one document
instead of multiple pages.

This is the present idé:
Logic -> Content -> Style

If you put the Structure anywhere else but in Style you will break the
design pattern. But this way you will have to make the style "ask" for
the content (like a new JSP)? Not nice.

I'm quite new at this so I might have missed somthing that is allready
there. If so -- please point it out ;-)

Emil Assarsson