cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [C2]Action proposal (long)
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2000 23:40:03 GMT
At 12:07  9/11/00 +0100, you wrote:
>> Question: Is it suitable to implement some semantic directly into
>> the sitemap to select the right action out of an action-chain
>> because usually only one action gets posted by a client and
>> executed out of a set of explicit actions? Example:
>>
>> 	<action-chain name="database-manipulation>
>> 	 <act type="insert-action" action="insert"/>
>> 	 <act type="delete-action" action="delete"/>
>> 	</action-chain>
>>
>> The posted action is selected according to the action attribute and
>> by a TBD mechanism for the sitemap to aquire the posted action.
>
>-1 This sematic is dbl. implementing things that is really a selector.

I agree

>>   <action-chain name="secure-data-entry">
>>    <act type="session-validator"/>
>>    <act type="admin-authorizer"/>
>>    <act type="validate-form">
>>     <parameter name="schema"
>>       value="my-path-to-schema-resource.xsd"/>
>>    </act>
>>    <act type="save-form"/>
>>   </action-chain>
>
>It is not just the action that generate state information. The chain itself
>should also generate some information in case one of the actions in the
>chain fail.
>When the authorization fail I want the make one response if the form didn't
>validate I want another one.

Hmm I agree. The other action frameworks (such as Turbine) have special
case code to deal with this. Essentially the context data will behave
differently for certain data entered. For instance you could check to see
if anything had been placed in context with the name "redirect.to.resource"
and if it had been entered into context then use that to know where to
redirect.

Cheers,

Pete