cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Olsen <...@sanderman.com>
Subject RE: [C2]Action proposal (long)
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 21:59:23 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Giacomo Pati [mailto:pati_giacomo@yahoo.com]

>--- Brian Olsen <bro@sanderman.com> wrote:

<snipped already known information/>

>> > Question: Is it suitable to implement some semantic directly into
>> > the sitemap to select the right action out of an action-chain
>> > because usually only one action gets posted by a client and
>> > executed out of a set of explicit actions? Example:
>> >
>> > 	<action-chain name="database-manipulation>
>> > 	 <act type="insert-action" action="insert"/>
>> > 	 <act type="delete-action" action="delete"/>
>> > 	</action-chain>
>> >
>> > The posted action is selected according to the action attribute and
>>
>> > by a TBD mechanism for the sitemap to aquire the posted action.
>>
>> -1 This sematic is dbl. implementing things that is really a
>> selector.
>> In it's essence the above is just a short for the action/selector
>> sematic.
>> You still need some "Action" or "ActionChainParser" to extract the
>> data to
>> be able to select the correct action.
>> I like the idea of an action chain for a stack of events but as an
>> action
>> selector I simply don't see the need.
>> In your own example you demonstrate a case where the power of using a
>> selector instead of making an action chain selctor is shown. When you
>> don't
>> JUST want an action but also a special generator or transformation
>> applied.

> Yes, I can't agree more. The proposed example above (action-chain with
> action attribute) only reduces verbosity but adds redundant semantics.
> So one question raises. What are the legal elements in a action-chain?

What do you mean by legal elements?? I don't see why action-chains should
contain anything
but actions.

Best regards
Brian

Brian Olsen
Management Supporter
SanderMan.com,
Røjelskær 11, DK-2840 Holte, Denmark
Mobile: +45 4070 2261, Tel.:+45 4546 9900, Fax.: +45 4546 9966
E-mail: bro@sanderman.com
Please take a look at: www.sanderman.com

-Disclaimer
The information in this e-mail message is intended only for the
addressee. Disclosure or use by others is prohibited. Due to the
electronic transmission of the message, no legal rights can be
obtained from the content.