cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <>
Subject Re: esql logicsheet finished (?!)
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2000 23:15:16 GMT
On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 04:59:10PM -0500, Donald Ball wrote:
> hey, i just had a thought - how can an xsp page determine if it's running
> in c1 v.s. c2? i can switch my logic blocks based on that if i can figure
> out how to do it. ideally, it would be nice to determine this at xsp
> logicsheet transformation time as well as xsp runtime. perhaps the xsp
> engine could pass a variable to the xslt transformer that's applying the
> logicsheets, e.g. xsp-environment and xsp-environment-version?

That could work. Could even write a quick taglib to only include
the relevent code. I think. Maybe. Really need to get to grips
with taglibs. Who's dealing with SiLLy?

> i reckon that should work. is there an easy way to strip the root element
> from the incoming SAX stream without writing a fullblown SAX filter? one
> thing i offer with get-xml is the ability to add a root element so xml
> fragments can be parsed properly. i'd like to offer the ability to have
> that stripped as well. or can the parser be asked to parse an xml fragment
> instead of an xml document?

Hmm. There's already code for doing this in XIncludeTranslator
(your baby, isn't it? ;). Time to move this into org.apache.cocoon.xml?

Paul Russell                               <>
Technical Director,
Luminas Ltd.

View raw message