cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: XObject
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2000 17:19:23 GMT
On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 03:35:29PM +0000, Ross Burton wrote:
> Paul Russell wrote:
> > I'd rather not add a new directory just for XObject. Would it
> > not make sense for it to be in either the 'xml' or 'util'
> > packages? Since C1 doesn't have the 'xml' package, I guess
> > there is sane, given the functionality the XObject provides.
> > Thoughts?
> I'm for deprecating C1 XObject, then creating a new XObject
> org.apache.cocoon.xml.XObject with the new SAX2 methods and putting it
> in C1 and C2.  Might upset some C1 users however...

Yeah, ditto. How about this - we leave replace the existing
XObject class in Cocoon1 with a proxy pointing to the new
implementation, and whenever a method is called in the proxy,
we print a message to the log/stderr (does C1 have logging?).
Hopefully, that would remind/persuade people to move over to
the new class ASAP.

Thoughts?

P.

Luminas Ltd.