cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <pati_giac...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: jrun 3.0 & cocoon2
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2000 12:20:36 GMT

--- Torsten Curdt <tcurdt@dff.st> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to get cocoon2 (cvs)
> to work within jrun 3.0 but didn't
> succeed.
>
> After compiling I installed the war
> file via JMC. Restarted and then
> tried to get /cocoon to show up.
> But all I got was a "cocoon2 - internal
> server error". Was a sax exception.
>
> Then I tried it like it worked for cocoon1.
> (There where problems because of the jaxp.jar
>  that came with JRun)
> So I replaced the jaxp.jar with cocoons
> xerces.jar, copied the tools.jar from the jdk
> into the same jrun/lib/ext directory and restarted.
>
> Now I'm still getting a "cocoon2 - internal
> server error" but with a NullPointerException.
>
> Then I tried tomcat 3.2b8 as well. Installed
> and just popped in the war file.
>
> Same sax exception...
> javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: Namespace not
> supported by SAXParser
> at

org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTemplates(TransformerFa
> ctoryImpl.java:660)
>
> Tomcat comes with jaxp.jar, too.
> Shall I replace it with xerces.jar?

Concerning Tomcat you should replace *all* occurrences of jaxp and
parser/crimson jars with xerces. If you use the source of Tomcat 4 you
can set the environment variables JAXP_HOME to [cocoon2]/lib and
JAXP_PARSER_JAR to xerces_1_2_1.jar prior to issue the build command.
That way you should have a tomcat build harmonizing well with C2 (I've
realized this this weekend and will check the installation docs so they
are correct)

Giacomo

=====