cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <pati_giac...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Cocoon in cacheland
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2000 11:34:03 GMT

--- Paul Russell <paul@luminas.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 25, 2000 at 12:28:12AM +0100, Giacomo Pati wrote:
> > If you all want to use C2 in a highly dynamic environment where
> caching
> > is unnecessary, we don't need it. We can make C2 proxy friendly and
> will
> > reach C1 performance that way. But it would be nice if someone can
> take
> > this and contribute a cache system for C2.
>
> I don't think there is any doubt that a caching framework is a
> must for Cocoon2. As always, the problem comes with finding time
> to work on it. Got 25hr/day job syndrome going on here.

The same here. We say that the day has 24h and if it's not enought take
the night, too :)

> Is anyone
> else using Cocoon2 enough to make it worth their while? I'm happy
> to have a look, but it's likely to be weeks before I get a chance,
> sadly...

One of my project uses C2 but because it goes into the web app domain
cache is not that important. Actions are more important to it. I'll
have some time to investigate into the action proposal but not into the
cache  at the moment :(

Dims, are your doing anything with C2 at the moment (any project you'd
like to use C2 for) ?

Giacomo

=====