cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <pati_giac...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [C2]Advise on pooling
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2000 12:29:12 GMT

--- Lassi Immonen <limmonen@malla.urova.fi> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to implement pooling in Transformer which translates
> xml-files from translations file.
> Now it loads translations to Map every time request is made but I
> would
> like to keep available pool of Maps containing translations for a
> given
> url/language.

I don't know exactly what you mean. If you want to save already
processed stuff into a store for later reusage then use the store
component (see XalanTransformer.java).

> It seems to me that C2 contains all functionality to do this. Would
> someone give advise on how to pool Maps(or any objects) in C2.

Pooling sound to me like having a bunch of objects of the same type to
use without the need to reinstantiate them again and again.

Giacomo

=====