cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steffen Stundzig <stef...@smb-tec.com>
Subject SchemoX and Cocoon2
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 17:48:56 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, 10 Nov 2000 23:30:57 +0100
Giacomo Pati <giacomo@apache.org> wrote:
> I've had a look at SchemoX and Steffen contacted me to have some
> discussion about how SchemoX and Cocoon 2 can work together. I really
> like the idea of SchemoX and I clearly see the SchemoX framework
> implemented as C2 components.

Because a goal of SchemoX is to build also forms for Java Swing apps
the framework should not completely implemented as C2 components,
but should brillant match with it.

> The discussion with Steffen has brought us to the following sitemap
> example snippet so far and this is a base to discuss about:
>
>   <match pattern="mydocs/*/*">
>     <action type="schemox-reader" src="xschemas/{2}.xsd"/>
>     <action type="schemox-validator"/>
>     <action type="schemox-handler"/>
>     <generate type="schemox-composer" src="resources/{1}.xml"/>
>     <transform src="stylesheets/schemox2structure.xsl"/>
>     <transform src="stylesheets/structure2html.xsl"/>
>     <serialize type="html"/>
>   </match>
>
> The action of type "schemox-reader" will build up the XSchema
> representing object and put it in the environment if it is not already
> there.
>
> The action of type "schemox-validator" will validate the data posted.
>
> The action of type "schemox-handler" will manipulate the instance
> according to events posted back from the client and make them available
> in the environment object as well as possible messages which should be
> presented to the client by the generator.

Therefore we should implement wrapper derived from
the corresponding org.apache.cocoon.* classes to.
These classes then invokes the appropriate methods in the
special SchemoX implementations. So we can write Sitemaps without the
need of writing application specific classes to use SchemoX.

> The generator of type "schemox-form-generator" will read the instance
> and form it to the schemox namespace according to the xschema supplied
> from the form-controller.

Another way is, to plug in a schemox-generator after the
FormDesigner implementation. The schemox-generator then derived from
FormRenderer, reads the special SchemoX events and generate SAX events
from it. So I could use the output of the FormDesigner also for my
Java Swing form builder without the need of transforming it to SAX/XML.

> Please join it with your oppinions.

I've start writing a small proposal about the corporation between C2 and
SchemoX with the ideas from Giacomo, Ken and me.

Regards
	Steffen...

Steffen Stundzig                            mailto:steffen@smb-tec.com