cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <pati_giac...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2 Maturity
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 09:08:19 GMT

--- Berin Loritsch <bloritsch@infoplanning.com> wrote:
> I have a question regarding the maturity of Cocoon2.  Due
> to superior method of pipeline management in Cocoon2 I am
> really leaning toward using it for an upcoming project
> for one of our Company's clients.  Stability wise, it is
> very good, and performance is definitely acceptable.

Yes, that's what I think it is. If you are not using "content
aggregation" and don't need caching you probably are set with it.

> With the Avalon integration and Log integration, it
> becomes just as easy to create a log target and use the
> logger in our project (although I can make that happen
> regardless by incorporating the log.jar file).

That was cool. But there is still some flaws in the error reporting
mechanism used by C2.

> Is there any reason why you would highly recommend against
> it?

Did anybody stress test C2 (with ab or alike)?

> We need the pipeline management, and will be willing
> to do the work to make Avalon independent of Tomcat 4.

Making Avalon independent of Tomcat 4??

> Otherwise, our energies will be spent on implementing our
> own pipeline management with Cocoon 1.x only to be redone
> when Cocoon 2 is finally released.

Please convince them not to do it :). We could all profit from that and
I think this can stabilize C2 even more.

Giacomo

=====