cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [C2][Xalan2J] SAXTransformerFactory's newXMLFilter
Date Sun, 12 Nov 2000 22:55:53 GMT
Gary,
My Question to Scott about adding a new method was independent of everything else.....I
specifically mentioned that there are work arounds :) Yes, we have shifted to TransformerHandler.
My question was if SAXTransformerFactory has newTransformerHandler's which can take in a Source
or
a Templates, then why not have newXMLFilter to mimic the same behavior. This was purely from
the
point of view of how complete the API is.

Scott,
Can you please answer?

Thanks,
dims

--- Gary L Peskin <garyp@firstech.com> wrote:
> Dims --
>
> What happened to my previous idea?
>
> private SAXTransformerFactory transformerFactory;
>
> public XMLFilter getXMLFilter() throws TransformerConfigurationException
> {
>   XMLFilter retFilter = new XMLFilterImpl();
>   TransformerHandler th =
> transformerFactory.newTransformerHandler(templates);
>   retFilter.setContentHandler(th);
>   return retFilter;
> }
>
> I thought you had said that you decided you didn't need th XMLFiler
> since you were switching to just using a TransformerHandler.  Have you
> decided that you do need the XMLFilter after all?
>
> Gary
>

> Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> >
> > Scott,
> >
> > SAXTransformerFactory needs a new method named newXMLFilter which takes in a Templates
object
> as a
> > parameter. I know that there are other ways of getting an XMLFilter which contains
> Transformer,
> > but the objective is to make it easy. For example there are two newTransformerHandler
methods
> one
> > of which takes in a Source and another takes in a Templates object. So why not have
an
> additional
> > newXMLFilter which takes in a Templates object?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > dims
> >
> >   public XMLFilter newXMLFilter(Templates templates){
> >     try {
> >       return new TrAXFilter(templates);
> >     } catch(TransformerConfigurationException tfe) {
> >       return null;
> >     }
> >   }

=====