cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <d...@yahoo.com>
Subject [XalanJ2][C2] javax.xml.tranform API
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2000 14:26:32 GMT
Thanks Scott. We bave updated C2 to use the new API. But there are some concerns. I want to
see if
i can use only the java.xml.transform package and nothing else. Right now this is not possible,
Here's why...

Problem #1: We need an explicit import of "org.apache.xalan.transformer.TrAXFilter" as we
cache
templates and need to get an XMLFilter to work with in our code. We do this as follows:

    public XMLFilter getXMLFilter() throws TransformerConfigurationException
    {
       return new TrAXFilter(templates);
    }
Problem #2: We need an explicit import of "org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl" as
we
need access to getInputContentHandler() and setContentHandler(). We type cast as shown below.

     ContentHandler chandler = ((TransformerImpl)transformer).getInputContentHandler();
     ((TransformerImpl)transformer).setContentHandler(content);

To eliminate #1 and #2, Is it possible to do the following

- Add a newXMLFilter() in Templates which returns an XMLFilter
- Add a getInputContentHandler in Transformer which returns the ContentHandler
- Add a setContentHandler in Transformer which can take a ContentHandler as a parameter.

Thanks,
dims

--- Scott_Boag@lotus.com wrote:

> You should be able to check out now and have 1:1 correspondence with the
> Xalan1 output for simple.xsp->xsp.xsl.  I'll be stepping through the
> conformance tests today to see if I can discover any more regressions.
>
> -scott

=====
Davanum Srinivas, JNI-FAQ Manager
http://www.jGuru.com/faq/JNI