cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Additional startup parameters [C2]
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2000 15:24:54 GMT
This is brought on by a fix for the getResource() issue
I had with WebSphere.  There is a bug in the implementation
that doesn't load the URL handler for the particular
protocol 'classloader:'.

Miclael Harris from the JetSpeed sent me a "Servlet" that
forces the loading of a particular class.  I don't find
that a workable solution, so I have an alternative solution
that would work for a number of implementations.  I have
a feeling that such carelessness with vendors is inevitable
on what they perceive as special case scenarios.

I propose that we have an additional startup parameter that
will force the loading of classes for us.

force-load = com.ibm.servlet.classloader.Handler

In other words, the parameter "force-load" has a comma
separated list of fully qualified classes that require
section--otherwise it iterates through the classes and
forces them to load.  If it doesn't load, then we need
to throw a ServletException from init().

If you lust for Ham and Eggs, you have
committed breakfast in your heart
already.   -- C. S. Lewis