cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Re: [admin] Taking some time off
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2000 15:37:46 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefano Mazzocchi" <stefano@apache.org>
To: "Cocoon" <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Cc: "ASF Members" <members@apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2000 9:53 AM
Subject: [admin] Taking some time off

> People,
>
> during the last three years I've been dedicating most of my free time to
> many different Apache projects and to the evolution of web technologies
> in general.
>
> There were ups and downs, but I received great satisfaction in doing so,
> I'm now 25 and I had national newspapers writing articles about me, I
> won awards with the software I helped creating, I've helped many people
> finding a good job and making a better life, I've been presented on
> stage in front of 15000 people at JavaONE, I've got to meet the very
> stars of this show, I've been asked to write books, to write speeches,
> to architect new systems, to chair a foundation...
>
> ...but this had several costs.
>
> I find myself with no energies, I find myself with very little to say, I
> find myself arrogant and frustrated, I find myself harmful for the very
> projects I care about.

I speak for many people when I say thank you for all your contributions.
Because of your vision, we have a thriving community and an incredible tool.
I understand the frustrations you may be going through, so I just want to
say thank you.  We will miss you while your gone, and when you are ready
to return we will most likely be here.

Your biggest contributions to this community and the Avalon community was
your ability to get us to think beyond the next fix and create a maintainable
architecture.

> As for Avalon integration, I'm sure Berin and Peter will continue their
> great job.

You bet!

Go and be well (I mean it, burn out is a killer).