cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Re: [C2][WebLogic] Cocoon2 (patched) works with WebLogic 5.1
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2000 13:26:03 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <EEAltendorf@thoughtworks.COM>
To: <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2000 10:37 PM
Subject: Re: [C2][WebLogic] Cocoon2 (patched) works with WebLogic 5.1

> Hello all, I am trying to get the latest Cocoon2 code running with WebLogic
> 5.1 (acting as webserver and servlet container).

Is WebLogic a Servlet 2.2 container?  It has to be for Cocoon2.

> I merged the 1.X install instructions with the instructions listed below,
> and all the various FAQ's and specs, and applied the patch and tried to set
> up stuff as best I could.  In my web.xml I set the servlet-mapping url
> pattern to /cocoon/*, and sure enough, the web server serves up the
> contents of my cocoonwar/ directory, but Cocoon is not processing any of
> the xml files.

It seems as if it is not loading the Cocoon class properly.  Make sure that
Cocoon is in the System classpath, or WebLogic's classpath.  Also, make sure
that the servlet class you are using is org.apache.cocoon.servlet.Cocoon and
not the 1.x class.  But you would be getting error pages if Weblogic was
configured to load C2 properly.

> Aside from any general suggestions anyone might have, I was wondering about
> the <init-param> element in the web.xml file.  The <param-value> should be
> ... an absolute pathname to the cocoon.xconf file?  A URL to the file?  A
> relative pathname (relative to what?).

Servlet 2.2 specs say relative to the context root.  If your webapp is located
at /usr/share/webapp/cocoon then it would be relative to that directory.  But,
it has to be included in that directory.