cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: TagLib requires new Jars
Date Sat, 28 Oct 2000 10:10:51 GMT
At 00:54 +0200 28/10/00, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am ready to donate a new TagLib to Cocoon 1, (with the hope that I can
>> get it working with Cocoon 2 relatively soon).
>>
>> The XSP Mailer Taglib, sends email, with optional file and URL enclosures.
>>
>> If I were to add this new TagLib to Cocoon Dist, I would also have to add
>> two new Jars (mail.jar and activation.jar) from  Sun to Cocoon, so that it
>> can still compile.
>>
>> Is this acceptable, or is there another approach that people would prefer?
>
>How big are they?
>
>Are we allowed to redistribute them? (I know that Turbine does, but I'm
>not sure if Jon cares that much about being perfectly legal at this
>point)

Java Activation Framework "activation.jar" 46K

JavaMail "mail.jar" 232K

Both with Sun licences I am not qualified to interpret :)

These Jars are also required for Donald's mail:taglib, though he arranged
things differently from me, he does not have a class requiring these
packages that has to be compiled with Cocoon, everything gets built by the
logicsheet.

Unfortunately I chose to implement this with an XSPMailer class as part of
the main Cocoon package, meaning I do not have the same flexibility :(

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre