cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject XLinks & LinkBase
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2000 09:22:44 GMT
Hi All,

A while ago some Belgian guys released an XLink Processor for C1.

http://bewoner.dma.be/bruno2/xlinkstuff.tgz

I have not actually made it work yet, it's based on Java 2 :(

I have been looking at this recently, it could help solve a tricky set of
problems I have with a new site I have in mind.

The system basically allows you to have a "LinkBase" file which stores
XLinks and XLink "arcs" which define all the links in your site, which is
processed at runtime (caching in your session) placing all relevant links
into your document, to be sorted out by XSL.

What I'd like to know, is what future does this type of system have in
Cocoon 2?

By the look of Stefano's fantastic work on C2's CLI, XLinks are going to be
heavily used in C2, will the concept of a LinkBase fit into this picture?

Thanks for any help

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre