cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Sergeant <m...@sergeant.org>
Subject Re: Comments on XSP 1.1 (long)
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2000 17:05:47 GMT
On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Ricardo Rocha wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Stefano wrote:
>
> > 2) Ricardo will write a document explaining the ideas for XSP 1.1 and
> > SiLLy, hopefully, this will happen in the new (and yet to be created!)
> > XSP-dev mail list so that the AxKit people can help us on this
>
> Before presenting a formal document for discussion in the list, I'd
> like to present some of the ideas being considered for XSP 1.1.
>
> The most important changes being proposed are:
>
>   1) Supressing the root <xsp:page> element

FWIW, AxKit's XSP engine already supports this notion. However AxKit's XSP
engine is also broken in some ways, so I think we really need to hash out
a proper specification for XSP. We need to specify each xsp:* element and
what it should "do", since following the XSLT transformation and trying to
apply that to my SAX parsing code (actually XML::Parser code, but similar
in concept to SAX) is getting really hard work (especially since some
element behaviours seem to be context sensitive). I think it would also
help other people trying to pick up XSP if they want to learn about the
guts in a language-independant manner.

I spoke with Stefano at ApacheCon about this, and he agreed, so hopefully
we can hash something out between us.

--
<Matt/>

    /||    ** Director and CTO **