cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@dresdnerbank.de>
Subject [C2] partial esql diff
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2000 17:49:06 GMT
Hi All!

	Firstly, it was great to meet some of you at the ApacheCON conference.
	It was a really wild time, especially at the Rock.. (nice Masuers!) :-)

	Today I've been playing with the esql taglib under Cocoon 2 for the
	first time. Excellent stuff!

	I noticed however that when I put:

<esql:execute-query inner-method="no">

    ...[snip]...

    <esql:results>
        <esql:get-columns/>
    </esql:results>

</esql:execute-query>

	in my esql xml file, I'm get a compilation error of the generated java
	file at runtime.

	Now, this may quite well be incorrect esql usage ?

	(the functionality I'm looking for is to automatically tag the data
	returned using the table attribute names as tags, get-columns was the
	closest I could see in esql.xsl).

	The compilation error surrounds these 3 lines in esql.xsl:

   Node _esql_node =
    document.createElement(_esql_session.resultset_metadata.getColumnName(_esql_i));
   _esql_node.appendChild(document.createTextNode(_esql_session.resultset.getString(_esql_i)));
   xspCurrentNode.appendChild(_esql_node);

	The error reports that 'document' and 'xspCurrentNode' are not
	defined. This stuff looks like DOM leftovers from Cocoon 1 ?

	I fixed the problem by using SAX methods instead, patch is attached,
	however I'm bit of a esql newbie so I don't think the way I've done it
	is completely correct, especially as there are no <ROW>..</ROW> tags
	(or similar) surrounding the printed XML output.

	What do you think should be added ?

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&:           After Hours    : +49 69 49086750