cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject RE: [C1] esql should default to inner-method=false instead of inner-method=true
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2000 17:36:44 GMT
On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Drasko Kokic wrote:

> If I understand properly this thread ... we are just
> about to experience a change in the default behaviour
> of the ESQL taglib?!
> Maybe, just to take care of the code already being
> written for ESQL, I would suggest that the default
> behaviour is configured in the cocoon.properties file.
> That way everybody can have it the way they like it
> :-)

nope. i've explicitly said all along that the esql api is unstable and i'm
not going to bother going out of my way to maintain backwards
compatibility for an unstable api. i'm getting ready to make a couple of
changes to the namespace anyway that will for sure break backwards
compatibility.

> Is it possible at all to get such a parameter from
> within a taglib style sheet?!

probably. i'll take a patch for it, but i ain't gonna do it meself.

- donald