cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Burton <ros...@lineone.net>
Subject Re: [C2]ServerPagesGenerator is a generator?
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2000 17:42:19 GMT
On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, Giacomo Pati wrote:

> > As far as I can see, this
> > coupling could be cut: we would get a ServerPagesTransformer, whose
> > input can come from any XMLProducer.
>
> If you can come up with such a Transformer please go on and do it :).
> There are many poeples waiting for such a thing.
>
> > From then on, I think the whole xsp-story becomes much more powerful:
> > we can get an xml file from somewhere, apply e.g. the SQLTransformer
> > on it, and after that the ServerPagesTransformer.

The problem is defining a language mapping from XML to Java instructions
to modify the SAX stream...  I've been thinking about this recently, amd I
plan to write something like this after Apachecon (thus after meeting with
Ricardo) utilizing DOM (boo hiss) at some layer (as the XML I'm handling
is a SVG file).  As DOM is an easy route and needed for my purpose, I
didn't go far into XML -> Java SAX.  If you can propose a method of
mapping XML to Java SAX handlers, I'll be very interested.

Ross Burton