cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@dresdnerbank.de>
Subject Re: [C2] xsp.xsl/devel code
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 18:35:39 GMT
On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Marcus Crafter wrote:
> >
> >         Now, I can understand reasons not to do this, but I can also understand
> >         reasons to do this, so maybe my patch is not appropriate ? Hence my
> >         question above.
>
> Hmmm, it might increase your lazyness which is not good, but on the
> other hand it could simplify some coding and adding visibility to the
> code which is good.

	I agree with both of your points :-)

	I tend to see the benefits of quick prototyping, clean clear code with
	well placed exception handlers out of good coding rather than need,
	more than prevention of sloppy code (no sloppy coders use C2 :-) )

	I could also see situations where fatal errors in XSP code mean that
	an application is out of action - where the application wide error
	handler is better suited to handle the error with it's own
	stylesheets.

	But perhaps more expercienced developers out there might like to
	comment.

	Maybe making it configurable might also be an option ? Kind of
	like 'use strict;' in perl.

	Cheers,

	Marcus
     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&:           After Hours    : +49 69 49086750