cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject RE: New ESQL changes...
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 17:00:22 GMT
On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Per Kreipke wrote:

> Speaking of schemas, the xspdoc namespace you've added to the taglib is
> handy. I've written a script to document your esql.xsl taglib without using
> stylebook (a limitation you mentioned earlier). Similar to the stylesheet
> you mention, but executable using Cocoon itself.

sweet.

> However, what is the full set of tags for that namespace? I can't find a way
> to search the archives to look for the past posts on "xspdoc" and "xsp doc"
> you mentioned in another email.

er, um... i wonder what the subject line was... in any case, the schema
was never really carved out, everyone just agreed that it was a pretty
good idea and that you wouldn't run into trouble as long as the xspdoc
elements appeared as children of xsl:stylesheet.

if you have suggestions for expanding (or explicitly defining!) the xspdoc
schema, i'm all ears.

> For myself, I've annotated an earlier version of esql.xsl as below and I'd
> be glad to annotate the current esql (or other) taglibs with more detail:
>
> <xspdoc:desc>
>     returns the value of the given column as a date. if a format attribute
> exists, its value is taken to be a date format string as defined in
> java.text.SimpleDateFormat, and the result is formatted accordingly.
> </xspdoc:desc>
> <xspdoc:args>
>    <xspdoc:arg name="format">
>      optional formatting value passed directly to 'SimpleDataFormat'
>    </xspdoc:arg>
> </xspdoc:args>
> <xsl:template match="esql:results//esql:get-date">
> </xsl:template>

good idea with the args element. thought though - how do you distinguish
between arguments passed as attributes and arguments passed as elements?

i'd love it if you sent me the annotated esql logicsheet and the script to
generate the docs. wonder if anyone would be interested in annotating the
other logicsheets?

- donald