cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Neil Graham <n...@cs.toronto.edu>
Subject Re: getting what's in the ``Attic''
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2000 20:18:54 GMT

Hi Ross and all,

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Ross Burton wrote:

> > So I CVS checked out the code, and found that, unlike the web-based
> > ``repository'' (available at <http://xml.apache.org/cvs.html>), the CVS
> > anonymous check out doesn't include the contents of the Attic
> > directories--where all the files of interest to me happen to lie.
> >
> > Obviously I'm curious about why this is, but more importantly I'd be very
> > appreciative if anyone could tell me of some automatic way by which I
> > could obtain everything that is in the xml-cocoon repository--including
> > all of its ``Attics''.
>
> If you want C2 remember to specify the cocoon-2 branch!  All of the C2
> code is in the Attic as that is where code which is not the head of the
> tree goes - as C2 is still in development and C1 is the active tree at
> present, you have C1.  cvs update -r cocoon2 is the command I think -
> IIRC it's on the web site though.

Thanks for the pointers.  According to the website, the only anonymously
cvs-able packages are:

	* xml-xerces
	* xml-xalan
	* xml-cocoon
	* xml-fop
	* xml-xang
	* xml-soap
	* xml-contrib (so-called "whiteboard" area)

and as you can see, C2 isn't mentoined.

Tried your suggested command both with 'cocoon2' and 'cocoon-2' and
received the pleasant-looking error message:

Protocol error: 'Directory' missingE Protocol error: 'Directory' missingE
Protoc
ol error: 'Directory' missingE Protocol error: 'Directory' missingE
Protocol err
or: 'Directory' missingE Protocol error: 'Directory' missingE Protocol
error: 'D
irectory' missingE Protocol error: 'Directory' missingE Protocol
error: 'Directo
ry' missingE Protocol error: 'Directory' missingE protocol
error: directory '/ho
me/cvs/xml-cocoon' not within root '/home/cvspublic'

Any suggestions much appreciated!

Thanks,
Neil Graham