cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Sergeant <m...@sergeant.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Cocoon Emotional Landscapes
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2000 22:47:24 GMT

>  - the XSP language (eXtensible Server Pages)
>  - the sitemap concept
>  - the resource view concept

My only gripe would be that Cocoon somehow invented these
concepts. DataChannel invented XSP, the sitemap "concept" is built into
Apache (via <Location> tags and options between those tags), and resource
views are certainly available in other application servers (before Cocoon
ever existed), MediaSurface comes to mind. Innovative, not inventive,
IMHO.

Oh, and you should say 6 years, not 10, for when companies ignored the
web. Companies didn't even have the possibility of using the web 10 years
ago (its almost shocking to think it was all that recent...).

Otherwise it was a good piece with some well presented ideas, so please
don't take what I've said as a flame - just trying to provide some
external critique.

--
<Matt/>

    /||    ** Director and CTO **