cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@dresdnerbank.de>
Subject Re: [C2] SitemapManager.class change or bug ?
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2000 22:57:33 GMT
On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Giacomo Pati wrote:

> Marcus Crafter wrote:

> > > Thaks for getting to the point where we can start talking about those
> > > problems with Tomcat 3.x. Do you see any chance to get it working with
> > > Tomcat 3.x?
> >
> >         Just for info - I had C2 working with Tomcat 3.2b4 last week - until
> >         the previously mentioned code change broke it.
>
> Can you point me to that (which code change exactly).

	The break was what originated my first email. C2 worked with T3.2B4
	until I did a CVS update 2 days ago, and then I was getting an
	exception thrown from within Handler.java, line 127 (sitemap variable
	was null).

	I traced the exception. It turned out that in Handler.java a
	NoClassDefFoundError was being thrown somewhere in the call to
	setConfiguration (line 149), leaving Handler.sitemap being set to null
	and causing an NPE. The problem wasn't noticed by Cocoon till later as
	the catch handler looked for types Exception and not Throwable.

	(I've attached the patch I sent in my previous mail again to this one,
	which flags the error sooner).

	The class not found was org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapManager, but
	for the life of me I coudn't find a reference to this class anywhere
	in the code (hence why I started this thread) - only in the proposals
	directory.

	According to the logs SitemapManager was removed 6 days ago.

	I'm not as familiar with the C2 source as you, but I presume the
	change must have been in Handler.java or a related sitemap file.

	Hope that helps,

	Cheers,

	Marcus
     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&:           After Hours    : +49 69 49086750