cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: hype hurts, hurts bad!
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2000 20:50:20 GMT
On Wed, 4 Oct 2000, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Donald Ball wrote:

> > > Whoop! Buzword bingo!
> > >
> > > Just out of interest, do people here think anyone will try to
> > > develop a programming language implemented in XML?
> > >
> > > <xpl:for init="" test="true" inc="">
> > >  <xpl:call-function name="myMyThisIsALittleVerboseIsntIt"/>
> > > </xpl:for>
> >
> > they have. it's called XSLT. :)
> >
> > (i knew i had reached the point of maximum absurdity when i implemented a
> > shell command execution extension for xalan.)
>
> I was waiting for somebody to do that :)
>
> And the winner of the "most dangerous hack of the year" goes to... :)

why, thank you! and people wonder why it's dangerous for cocoon to accept
xml or xslt from an untrusted agent... but this hack wasn't for cocoon at
all, it was for sucx (Simple UNIX Configuration in XML!).

- donald, once again giving users the power to not simply shoot themselves
  in the foot, but to take off their entire leg in the process