cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <j...@socialchange.net.au>
Subject Re: were to post my changes to ldap xsp
Date Sat, 28 Oct 2000 01:47:08 GMT

On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, renzo estrella wrote:

> I modified the xsp module that originally allowed
>  to make anonymous queries to an ldap directory
> service so that it now allows
> additions,deletions,modifications
>  and loggin in. It can also do these in batch mode
>  so that one xml file can make multiple changes to
>  the directory plus It can give you error reporting
>  on the specific operation that failed and success
>  on the ones that worked.

Great :) These were all in the todo list.

> Can these changes be added to cocoon ?

Currently the LDAP taglib is at the basically-working-but-minor-niggling-issues
stage. Specifically, binary attributes need to be base64-encoded before
returned, and it would be nice to be able to specify search scope.

Once that is done, we need to:
 - do some stress-testing
 - write some xdocs
 - make some examples based on *public* LDAP dirs, so they work "out the box"
 - submit to cocoon-dev for review and hopefully inclusion with Cocoon

Contribution is any of these areas is most welcome. The current
"official" URL for the taglib is:
http://kenny.socialchange.net.au/~jeff/ldaptaglib/

> Where is a good place to post or have peer review
>  of these changes ?

For this sort of non-core taglib development, cocoon-users is probably
best.

> (I already e-mailed the original
>  author Alain Ketterlin but his email may be down)

Alain moved to Istanbul, and passed on maintenance to me
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=97048483821289&w=2).
University finals have prevented me from doing much. After 3/11 it's
FREEDOM! and lots of time to play with taglibs.

--Jeff