cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Scott_B...@lotus.com
Subject Re: [Xalan2] TrAX, serialize packages moved!
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2000 13:41:22 GMT

No, the keys stay the same.  They are just string lookups anyway.  Because
they can be specified from a command line, I didn't want to use the full
name.

-scott

                    Davanum

                    Srinivas             To:     cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org, xalan-dev@xml.apache.org

                    <dims@yahoo.c        cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                    om>                  Subject:     Re: [Xalan2] TrAX, serialize packages
moved!

                    10/13/00

                    06:52 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    cocoon-dev

Scott,

Do the keys like "trax.processor.xslt" have to be changed? (See below). How
about the ones that
start with serialize.*?

1. DefaultApplyXSLTProperties.java uses "org.apache.trax.processor.xslt"
2. trax.properties uses "trax.processor.xslt"
3. Processor.java uses "trax.processor.xslt"

Thanks,
dims

--- Scott_Boag@lotus.com wrote:

> OK, I decided not to do org.apache.xapi.trax.* etc... the package names
> were just too damned long for me to bear.  They are moved to
> org.apache.trax and org.apache.serialize.  I don't much like
> org.apache.serialize, esp. with org.apache.xml.serialize lurking in the
> Xerces classes.  But this is just a temporary thing until these APIs move
> into full standardization.
>
> Be warned again:  TrAX, and the serialize package will go through some
> major changes as they move through the standardization process.  I'll try
> to make this as smooth as possible, but it's the price we're gonna have
> pay for general standards, and being on the cutting edge of these.  I
think
> it's a price worth paying.  This will happen pretty quickly, probably
> within a couple of months.  When it does happen, I'll try and do it in
one
> fell swoop, rather than incrementally.  Until the true standards go in,
> org.apache.trax and org.apache.serialize should be stable.
>
> I also removed all the special backwards compatibility classes for
XalanJ1.
> These may go back in at a later date, perhaps in a side directory, but
for
> now they were cluttering up things, giving the wrong impression about
which
> classes to use, and increasing our testing matrix.
>
> The problem with prefix events kept me from doing any performance tuning
> the last couple of days, as I had planned.  Therefore, it's going to be
> 'till Monday or Tuesday before we come out with the Alpha release.  I
> really don't want to release Alpha without the performance being better
> than it is.
>
> -scott

=====
Davanum Srinivas, JNI-FAQ Manager