cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Scott_B...@lotus.com
Subject RE: [Xalan2][C2] DOM2DOM issue .
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2000 18:17:46 GMT

Thanks.  This was due to the line break normalization code.  Should be
fixed.

BTW, what I did with line break normalization: chars could be coming from
multiple docs, all with different sorts of line breaks.  The current Xerces
serializers allow content to go out with odd mixes of line break
characters.  What I do in the transition code is catch this at a fairly low
level, and make sure everything is normalized.  I think this is the right
thing.  This needs to be done at a bit higher lever in the serializer code,
but I don't have time to track all the issues at the moment.

-scott

                    Sebastien

                    Sahuc                To:     cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org, xalan-dev@xml.apache.org

                    <ssahuc@imedi        cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                    ation.com>           Subject:     RE: [Xalan2][C2] DOM2DOM issue .

                    10/04/00

                    11:53 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    xalan-dev

You'll find a stack trace attached...

Basicaly I'm trasforming the foo.xml and foo.xsl sent previously by Davanum
(sitemap.xmap and sitemap.xsl from a cocoon2 poitn of view), but couldn't
reproduce it with simple test since it makes use of extension (so needs
cocoon.jar, bsf.jar, etc...)

Here is the piece of code that 'brings out' the bug :

      Templates templates = processor.process(new
InputSource(this.getClass().getResourceAsStream("foo.xsl")));
      Transformer transformer = templates.newTransformer();
      InputSource in = new
InputSource(this.getClass().getResourceAsStream("foo.xml"));
      transformer.transform(in , new Result(new StringWriter()));  // <---
RT exception thrown HERE

> Also: what are you guys doing with xsl:output in Cocoon2?  The output
> properties need to be passed to the serailizer.  Please, please, fix
> this....

Don't worry, I'm just writing TestCase using the JUNIT framework, and
occasonaly I need to serialize to check if everything is as expected, no
more no less.