cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_B...@lotus.com>
Subject Re: Enormous problems with C2.
Date Sun, 22 Oct 2000 04:08:08 GMT

Can you tell me if Xerces is on front of Xalan on the classpath?  If not,
can you try putting it there and see what happens?

You could also remove the DOM interfaces from the Xalan jar to see what
happens.  I suspect this is a problem with mismatches between the DOM
interfaces found and Xalan and the DOM interfaces found in the version of
Xerces you are using.  Just a suspicion, though.

The best way to help me diagnose this is to send a stack dump.

-scott

                    Paul Russell

                    <paul@luminas        To:     cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org

                    .co.uk>              cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                    Sent by: Paul        Subject:     Enormous problems with C2.

                    Russell

                    <paulr@lumina

                    s.co.uk>

                    10/21/2000

                    10:04 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    cocoon-dev

Hi all,

I'm having incredible amounts of problems getting C2 to work
at the moment.

If I try using tomcat3.x I'm getting a java.lang.AbstractMethodError
deep in the bowls of xalan, regardless of whether I use the xalan
that's in cocoon's cvs, or a copy from xalan's own cvs, and I can't
even get tomcat-4.0 to compile at the moment (think I've got the
wrong version of xerces).

Obviously, tracking down an error which is occouring somewhere
deep within Xalan is not something I relish doing, particularly
as I suspect it's caused by us passing it something strange at
some point.

Am I missing something obvious? is it actually broken at the moment?
Should it work under 3.x?

As an aside, the reason I'm trying to get it running again
(I've been having problems with it for some time now) is that
I'm contemplating creating a set of avalon blocks for serving
HTTP requests. I'm not sure that cocoon should be a servlet,
long term, since it's fulfilling a role similar to the servlet
container itself (with generators as the servlets and XSP pages
as the big brother of JSPs). Has anyone got any thoughts on
this?

Paul
Luminas Ltd.