cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Per Kreipke" <...@onclave.com>
Subject RE: New ESQL changes...
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 19:42:40 GMT
> > 4. I think there's an error in the (old) esql.xsl I've
> attached. According
> > to the XSLT spec, you can't have a <xsl:template> element have both a
> > 'match' and 'name' element. I could be wrong. It's the following match:
> >
> > <xsl:template match="esql:results//esql:get-string" name="get-string">
>
> erm, i think you're wrong. from the xslt spec:
>
> If an xsl:template element has a name attribute, it may, but need not,
> also have a match attribute. (http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#named-templates)

Corrected, it's pretty explicit :-). Hmm, wonder where I got that from.
Sigh, too much info.

> i'll mull over your xspdoc suggestions and get back with my thoughts
> later. looks pretty good tho.

Ok.

I'm wondering about using nesting:

<xspdoc:func>
  <xspdoc:desc>
    blah blah
  </xspdoc:desc>
  <xspdoc:args>
     <xspdoc:arg name="arg1" optional="true"
type="attribute|element|either">
       optional arg1 blah blah
     </xspdoc:arg>
  </xspdoc:args>
</xspdoc:func>

Using nesting does removes the dependency on relative position but maybe
it's not as simple or elegant as simply <xspdoc:desc>.

Alternative:
<xspdoc:desc>
    blah blah description
  <xspdoc:args>
     <xspdoc:arg name="arg1" optional="true"
type="attribute|element|either">
       optional arg1 blah blah
     </xspdoc:arg>
  </xspdoc:args>
</xspdoc:desc>

Is there value in simply using <xspdoc:desc> to comment any XML (not just
taglibs) in a way that makes the comments extractable?

I could see using it to comment my actual XML or XSP source files without
necessarily defining functions (e.g. <xspdoc:func>). Maybe one could
define<xspdoc:comment> instead.

Or, how about <xspdoc:buggy>? And <xspdoc:revisit> and <xspdoc:slow>? :-)

Per