cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Per Kreipke" <...@onclave.com>
Subject RE: [C2] IBM releasing WebSphere Transcoding Publisher
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2000 20:55:36 GMT
> Having a data source adaptor that takes
> HTML as input and generates XML to the output should be easy to do.

I have a C1 taglib which uses JTidy (HTML Tidy in Java) to do just that. It
converts HTML pages to XHTML which can then be piped through the Cocoon
pipeline for conversion to whatever, I suppose. Splitting it into WML cards
could be difficult.

> Building a
> graphical tool to generate the input to this may be more difficult though.

Do you mean something that allows you to select parts of a page for
translation then generates the correct XSL? :-) Or something else?

Per.