cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew Langham" <mlang...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: [C2] Tools for Cocoon.
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2000 06:12:41 GMT

I think the easier we can make it for people to get things up and running in
a configuration they would consider using for a production environment, the
more likely it is that they'll take the time to play with it.
<<

We could not agree more.

We will provide a Cocoon2+Apache+Tomcat distribution which will install onto
Windows NT / 2000. It is ready - but we are holding it back because Cocoon2
is still Alpha - and Stefano would prefer us to wait on this (or so I
understood).

Concerning the other tools - I have a general question regarding these.

How would these tools fit into the Cocoon project? Could they be
incorporated or would they be separate projects? How does the Cocoon team
see this?

If we go a bit further we can imagine other components which would allow
Cocoon to take over the enterprise :-)

Gui based sitemap tool
Self configuration mechanism
[Integrated] Authentication component
[Integrated] Portal components

I would be interested in your thoughts on this. Carsten Ziegeler
(cziegeler@sundn.de) will be at ApacheCon and he can give you more
information on what we could provide.

Matthew Langham

Tel: +49-5251-1581-30   [mlangham@sundn.de - http://www.sundn.de]

1. An installation tool that can install Tomcat + Cocoon + JDK (if
necessary) and integrate it with the connectors for IIS or Apache
automatically
2. A GUI sitemap tool of some sort...

I think the easier we can make it for people to get things up and running in
a configuration they would consider using for a production environment, the
more likely it is that they'll take the time to play with it.

- Sean T.