cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Content aggregation
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2000 16:21:10 GMT
Niclas Hedhman <niclas@bali.ac> wrote:
>It is not enough to have a Aggregator combined with general-purpose
>Transformers. The Aggregator does not know if the aggregated result will be
>broken into many pieces or not
>         <transform resultID="content"
>src="/www/graphics/fancy/content2html.xsl"/>
>         <serialize type="html"/>
>     </dyn-resource>
>     <dyn-resource>
>         <transform resultID="stockchart"
>src="/www/graphics/fancy/data2chart.xsl"/>
>         <serialize type="svg2png"/>
>     </dyn-resource>

good point - chart data should be includable in the same pipeline without
worrying about whether it is included in one output (as in PDF) or split off
(as in HTML). SoC.

Maybe a choice between frames and non-frames site could also be done this
way. Sorry if this is already there, I don't know.

Otherwise, fine - the proposal seems to address even the most complicated
site-wide-styling problems that I can think of. I tried to do a
site-wide-styling and aggregation system with C1 but it was messy - this
will be so much better!