cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From COFFMAN Steven <SCoff...@CBSINC.com>
Subject RE: Stefanos Speech Notes ?
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2000 00:48:39 GMT
Is the proposal to extend view requests to URI or HTTP available (even
roughly)?
-Steve
-----Original Message-----
From: Stefano Mazzocchi [mailto:stefano@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2000 7:10 PM
To: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Stefanos Speech Notes ?

Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> You were pointing to solutions to problems most delegates did not even
> realise existed !

Exactly, this was the problem: a solution to a problem you never saw
doesn't see smart at all, just an obvious consequence.

Probably I just ruined a wonderful discovery experience to a bunch of
people :)

But hopefully, since my solutions were indeed pretty poor (on
purpose!!), people will start to come out of their "web is HTML" world
and start seeing the real problems... when they realize that most of my
proposed solutions are extremely poor and unscalable, then they'll know
what I was talking about.

Unfortunately, this will take years to happen.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.