cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: use the property : parser.validate = true ?????
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2000 16:58:16 GMT
"Gabi Brysch" <brysch@inxnet.de> wrote:
>if i try to use the parser in the modus validate = true,
>
>i get the following exception :
>
>java.lang.RuntimeException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: General Schema
>Error: Grammar with uri : http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform , can not
>found.

This is probably because the new Xerces included in 1.8 by default turns on
schema validation. You need to hack the
org.apache.cocoon.parser.XercesParser to turn off schema validation (see
Xerces-J Features on xml.apache.org). I will make this configurable in the
next release.

Cocoon 2 should have a much better configuration mechanism - being based on
Avalon, Cocoon 2 should not need to know all the specifics about the
configurations of its subcomponents, so whenever Xerces or whoever declares
a new feature, we won't need to explicitly code for it in cocoon.