cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Bouman <M.Bou...@telecats.nl>
Subject XML and VoiceXML: somewhat more specific
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2000 14:27:35 GMT
Dear Mike / Sir / Madam,

I still have a question about my previous email at
<http://archive.covalent.net/xml/xerces-dev/2000/09/0040.xml>

The examples in the reply helped us very much, but we still cannot figger it
out.
So I will specify my earlier question a little bit more.

In the XML-file we have put the following lines at the top of the page:

1. <?xml version="1.0"?> (to indicate it is an XML-file)
2. <?xml-stylesheet href="rooster.xsl" type="text/xsl"?> (the stylesheet to
translate to HTML)
3. <?xml-stylesheet href="rooster-wap.xsl" type="text/xsl" media="wap"?>
(the stylesheet to translate to WML)
4. <?cocoon-process type="xslt"?> (the Cocoon line)

I think there must also be a rule (like 2 or 3) added for vxml. What will
that be? Must I also add something to the Apache configuration files
(mime-types / httpd.conf, etc.) and the Cocoon configuration files to make
the extension '.vxml' known to them?

In the XSL-file we have put the folowwing lines:

In the XSL-file for HTML:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:processing-instruction
name="cocoon-format">type="text/html"</xsl:processing-instruction>

In the XSL-file for WML:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:processing-instruction
name="cocoon-format">type="text/wml"</xsl:processing-instruction>

I also think there must be such rules for vxml. What will they be? Must I
also add something to the Apache configuration files (mime-types /
httpd.conf, etc.) and the Cocoon configuration files to make the extension
'.vxml' known to them?

Maybe you could give me an example of the XML-page for vxml AND the XSL-page
for vxml.

I really hope you can help me out, because I have tried almost everything.

Yours Sincerely,

Martin Bouman
TeleCats BV, The Netherlands