cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Sahuc <ssa...@imediation.com>
Subject RE: [C2]Using logicsheets
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2000 12:17:44 GMT
Lassi Immonen wrote :

> I have 2 choices to get my Taglibs available in C2.
>
> 1. Put logicsheet in cocoon.xconf as <builtin-logicsheet>
> 2. Put <?xml-logicsheet href="mysheet.xsl"?> processing instruction in
> .xsp file.

Right

> Why built-in logicsheets are declared in cocoon.xconf?
> Would't it be better to be able to declare them in sitemap?

Built in logicsheet are made available to any XSP page simply by declaring
its namespace in the xsp:page element. The might be the main reason why
these built-in logicsheet shouldn't be declared in the sitemap, otherwise
you would end up having the logicsheet declaration in many place in the
sitemap (or sub-sitemap).

> Would it be possible to get logicsheet functionality to plain
> .xml files
> also by having logicsheet transformer?
> This could also take away need to put xml-logicsheet prosessing
> instruction in .xsp, wouldn't it?
>
> Like:
> <map:match pattern="page">
>   <map:generate src="page.xml"/>
>   <map:transform type="logicsheet" src="page.xsl"/>

Hum... if I understood well your request, we end up with a XSP transformer.
Someone has already expressed such a wish, but I'm not sure if it's a good
idea, since IMHO it inhibits compilation which is not what we want. Does it
make sense ?

> Is there still more ways to use logicsheets than I have not
> understood?

Besides the two options, you can also use the <xsp:logisheet
location="page.xsl"> element.

All the best,

Sebastien