cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Sahuc <ssa...@imediation.com>
Subject RE: Benchmark of XSLT performance
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2000 14:48:37 GMT

See below.

> Running your benchmarks on MacOS X Beta (Java 1.2.2 +
> Hotspot) I got (readings from second 100 only):

With Hotspot 100 loops is definitely not enough. see below

>                          1K Source      100K Source
> Xalan2 + Aelfred                30             2384
> Xalan2 + Xerces                 40             2389
> Xalan1.2 + Xerces               23              355
> XT + Xerces                     24              270
> XT + Sun parser                  9              228
> XT + Aelfred                     9              233
> Xalan2 default parser           39             2416

I believe it depend on the JVM use and on the number of loops. Below some
figures for 2 JVMs and 2*200 loops ...

1K source:
----------
                     Sun 1.2.2 with JIT   Sun1.2.2 Hotspot2
  Xalan2 + Aelfred    14                    11

  Xalan2 + Xerces     23                    16

  Xalan1.2 + Xerces   14                    10

  XT + Xerces         24                    13

  XT + SUN parser     12                    14

  XT + Aelfred        13                    15

100K source:
----------
                     Sun 1.2.2 with JIT   Sun1.2.2 Hotspot2
  Xalan2 + Aelfred    668                    462

  Xalan2 + Xerces     617                    464

  Xalan1.2 + Xerces   360                    260

  XT + Xerces         208                    172

  XT + SUN parser     151                    124

  XT + Aelfred        195                    133

All the best,

Sebastien

http://www.adolos.com/