cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Sahuc <ssa...@imediation.com>
Subject FW: [Xalan2] Namespaces Problem
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2000 09:29:34 GMT
Dims,

Gary post the following message to xalan-dev list, I'm not sure if you got
it, so I'm resending it.

I'll have a look at the problem you reported tonight.

All the best,

Sebastien

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary L Peskin [mailto:garyp@firstech.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2000 4:46 AM
To: xalan-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Xalan2] Namespaces Problem

Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Scott,
>
> The Namespace sample works fine. But now am getting the following
exception in our code. Any
> ideas? I won't have a chance to dig deeper into this till day after
tomorrow. The #RTREEFAG string
> seems to be from XRTreeFrag.java.
>
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Can not convert #RTREEFRAG to a NodeList!
>         at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:917)
>         at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.parse(XMLFilterImpl.java:371)
>         at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.parse(XMLFilterImpl.java:371)
>
> Thanks,
> dims

Dims --

You must be using a result tree fragment as if it were a node-set.
Check to see if you are using any variables with a "/" after it.  If
those variables (or parameters) are created with xsl:variable or
xsl:param elements with content, that will cause this problem.  You
should be able to use the nodeset extension to convert the RTF to a
node-set.

If you send along the xml and xsl, I'd be happy to look at it and find
the problem.

Gary