cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Sahuc <ssa...@imediation.com>
Subject RE: [C2] NullPointerException
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2000 09:33:56 GMT

Well don't expect too much performance gain with the current Xalan2 version
since it hasn't be optimized at all. It will be shortly, scott sweared it
:-)
But at least the SAX based compilation mechanism bring some design and
memory footprint benefits, which is a first good move.

> I get
> a NPE.  The browser is returned a NPE from Sitemap.process(), but the
> action error is on the console.  Below is the stack trace (brace
> yourself).  Now - am I missing something?  Tomcat 3.2 (possibly - it's
> from a CVS snapshot just after the milestone  think) and I'm
> sure all of
> the libraries are in place.
>
> What is strange is that Sun's XML code is being called although
> Xerces/Xalan is in front of it in the classpath...

Indeed it's weird. Could you get rid of this Sun library from your
classpath, and check again ? Indeed if you have the jaxp.jar before
xerces.jar or xalan.jar that would be a rational explanation.

Sebastien