cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Brian May <>
Subject Re: [C2] CLI almost there
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2000 23:17:19 GMT

    Stefano> on monday (forgot to write)... and here it is :)
    Stefano> just do

    Stefano>  ./ dist cd dist/cocoon-2.0a3 ./ welcome cd
    Stefano> site

Looks good. Some minor comments:

- the comment for the static svg example says "An example of a SVG
file rendered to a PNG image", but the image is jpeg. I am guessing
the svg2png has not been implemented yet.

- the dynamic content examples produce NullPointerException.

- I am interested in how the slides example will work (as it converts
1 input XML + 1 input XSL to many output HTML files).

At the moment, if I try to view slide 2, it goes to the following URL:

(that trailing slash was added, I think, by Netscape)

Netscape displays the following directory:

If I click on the link _section=1, I get an error "Page Not Available"
and "Generated by Apache Cocoon 2.0a3".

The log said this:

[log] |  +--slides/?section=1
[log] |  |  |
[log] |  |  +--[broken link]--> slides/_section=1.html

So, I think there are several different problems here:
- the link is declared to be broken.
- the ? is translated to _ in the filename, but not the link.
- the .html extension has disappeared in the filename and link.
Brian May <>

View raw message