cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Brian May <...@snoopy.apana.org.au>
Subject Re: [C2] CLI almost there
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2000 08:48:17 GMT

    >> - the comment for the static svg example says "An example of
    ross> a SVG
    >> file rendered to a PNG image", but the image is jpeg. I am
    ross> guessing
    >> the svg2png has not been implemented yet.

    ross> I think that's my fault.  Originally the SVG samples wrote to
    ross> PNGs, but they depended on JAI being installed.  The JPEG encoder,
    ross> whilst being slow, is installed with most JDKs.  I changed the
    ross> encoder but neglected to change the text.

    ross> If I can get a net connection at home tonight, I'll fix it.

I would have thought PNG was better suited to this type of graphic, as
PNG is lossless.

What is JAI?
--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>