cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joel Hawkins <>
Subject RE: Comments on XSP 1.1 (long)
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2000 18:40:41 GMT
I think the fundamental question here is who is the SiLLy's intended
audience? If it is truly programmers, then I concur with Paulo and Matt.
However, if SiLLy is really being built as infrastructure for a whiz-bang
direct-manipulation based tool, then one wouldn't expect the results to be
palatable to a programmer. There are tons (well, maybe pounds) of assembler
programmers who wouldn't dream of using a 'C' compiler because of the
(relatively) atrocious code they emit.

My hope is that SiLLy will emerge as a pattern language, which will capture
cocoon application best practices and provide a higher level of abstraction
than java. Do that and the world will beat a path to your door.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paulo Gaspar []
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2000 1:22 PM
Subject: RE: Comments on XSP 1.1 (long)

I think Matt is right.

I believe it makes more sense to let programmers use their own language
(or at least an existing language) when possible, and it looks possible

Of course that he would better defend his POV prsenting is little sample
in a REAL language like Java instead of (argh!) Perl. =;o)

(Sorry! Couldn't resist!)

Have fun,

View raw message